Duval County Public Schools has the most diverse school leadership of any school system in Florida and among urban school systems nationwide
If there is one phrase that describes Duval County Public Schools over the last several years, it is continuous quality improvement! As one of Florida’s seven major metropolitan school districts, Duval has made extraordinary progress in student achievement with a “whole child” educational philosophy and relentless commitment to instruction excellence intentionally designed to prepare students for 21st century career and college.
To ensure every student is inspired and prepared for success in college, in a career and life.
To provide educational excellence for every student, every day.
- We intentionally focus on student achievement, safety and well-being.
- We foster learning that leads to independence by upholding individual and collective commitments to create a community of learners.
- We foster lifelong learning in children and adults to be prepared to participate in the global economy.
- We foster positive relationships based on mutual respect, transparency, honesty, and the consistent demonstrations of actions.
- We foster an environment of equity and empathy that respects differences and values diversity.
- We develop & retain high performing team members.
- We sustain engagement of parents, caregivers and the community.
- We ensure effective, equitable, & efficient use of resources aligned to improve student outcomes.